Acid reflux is commonly known as heartburn and is the term given to that uneasy feeling in your chest.
Acid reflux disturbs the pH level and the functioning of your digestive system. Hence, it is understandable and evident that it creates a lot of damage in your body other than its discomfort.
Do you suffer acid reflux more often?
This article is dedicated to you; we have mentioned the very best natural remedies for acid reflux.
Symptoms of Acid Reflux
But before we proceed to learn about the natural remedies for acid reflux, let us have a look at thesymptoms.
- Feeling of uneasiness
- Heaviness in chest
- Pain in the abdominal region
- Burning sensation in the chest
- Nausea after a meal
Natural Remedies for Acid Reflux
#1. Baking Soda
- Baking soda is a commonly used option for treating acid reflux.
- It helps in neutralizing the acidic content of your stomach as it is basic, thus diluting your stomach content.
- Next time you suffer acid reflux, take about a half spoon of baking soda with water, and you will be thanking us in a short while.
- Ginger comes under the category of anti-bacterial food items and is often used in detox treatments.
- It helps balance the pH level of your stomach and hence contributes to easing the symptoms of heartburn or acid reflux.
- You should try and avoid consuming ginger ale because it is a carbonated beverage and will increase the issue of acid reflux.
#3. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar will be your savior in the war with acid reflux.
- It helps dissolve the stomach’s acidic content and creates a layer in your esophagus so that your throat is saved from those sour and irritating burps.
- Although, you should prefer diluting apple cider vinegar using water before consuming it.
- Take two spoons of apple cider vinegar in one glass of cold water to ease acid reflux.
#4. Chewing Gum
- This concept is based on your body’s response to fight the issue.
- Chewing a piece of gum helps in the secretion of saliva, which has an enzyme, namely salivary amylase.
- This enzyme helps in neutralizing the acidic content of your stomach.
- Hence, helps in easing acid reflux.
#5. Chamomile Tea
- Chamomile tea not only tastes good but also helps in treating acid reflux. Amazed?
- Yes, chamomile tea has alkaline and anti-inflammatory properties that are beneficial in treating acid reflux.
- You can also consume chamomile tea after your meals if you suffer acid reflux more often.
#6. Marshmallow Root
- The roots of marshmallows are rich in mucilage. What does mucilage do?
- Let me answer that for you,
- Mucilage helps in the formation and secretion of mucus in your body.
- Mucus is helpful because it forms a layer in your esophagus and protects it from the acidic content of your stomach.
- In this way, it helps in easing the symptom of heartburn.
- Melons are known to have high water content, which makes them alkaline.
- Eating an alkaline food when you are suffering from acid reflux helps ease the issue of acid reflux since it contributes to diluting the acidic content present in your stomach.
- You can opt for adding melons to your meals to avoid the issue of acid reflux.
These were the natural remedies for acid reflux and will be highly helpful for you.
We know you have a lot going on in your mind right now, and you need answers to your questions. We have done our best to answer your concerns. Let us have a look.
How do you stop acid reflux naturally?
You should do the following to stop acid reflux naturally
- Take a proper and balanced diet
- Work on avoiding spicy food items
- Avoid heavy physical activities after meals, take a walk instead
- Avoid food that is high in fat content
- Say no to alcohol and related products
- Avoid smoking at all cost
- Eat at least 3 hours before bed
What is the best natural supplement for acid reflux?
Licorice and apple cider vinegar is the best natural supplement for treating acid reflux.
They both help in diluting the acidic content and provides instant and long-term relief.
What can I drink for acid reflux?
To treat acid reflux, you can drink the following
- Ice cold water
- Apple cider vinegar, diluted with water
- Baking soda with water
- Ginger water
- Cold no or low-fat milk
What foods neutralize stomach acid?
Melon, marshmallow roots, banana, honey are some food items that will help you ease acid reflux by neutralizing the acid content present in your stomach.
Are there any vitamins that help with acid reflux?
Yes, there are. Vitamin A, B, C, E helps in dealing with acid reflux.
What is a good dinner for acid reflux?
A person who suffers from heartburn more often should focus on adding fewer spices to their meal. They should keep it light and avoid eating high in fat content food items. They should consume water regularly and also consider adding fruits and vegetables to your meal.
Acid refluxes are easy to be dealt with and can be avoided with just little precautions and attentiveness towards what you eat.
You should keep a check on the quantity and quality of food you eat to avoid a future encounter.