Apple is one of the most delicious fruits. It is actively used in food recipes, many dishes like pie, custard, chips, muffins, etc.
When you hear apple, its red color, that sweet and sour taste hits your senses.
An old saying associated with the apple “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. That means the qualities apple possess are way too important and beneficial for your health. Apple can be found in several different tastes and colors depending on their types
These are the different types of apples
- Granny Smith Apple
- Red apple
- Crispin apple
- Fuji apple
- McIntosh apple.
- Golden delicious
- Pacific rose
- Ginger gold
- Paula red
- Gala apple
- Honeycrisp apple
Flavonoid is the chemical found in apples which is the main component that improves your health. Apple is also a rich source of fibers. The maximum amount of flavonoid and fiber is found in the peel of an apple. If you remove it while eating an apple you are not eating as much nutrition as you expect but only the flavor.
7 Health Benefits of Apples
Let me tell you about the health benefits of eating apples.
#1. Weight Management
- Apples are rich in fiber that makes your stomach feel fuller.
- When you feel fuller, you refrain from overeating and can manage your weight very easily.
- Eating apples along with or earlier to your meal will help control your appetite.
- Consider adding an apple to your diet to lose those extra pounds.
#2. Digestive Health
- The fiber present in apple plays an essential role in your digestion.
- It promotes the growth of healthy gut microbes that helps maintain the pH level of your stomach and aids in the digestion of the food.
- After the food is digested, fiber helps push the waste product down to your intestines and further out of your body and hence protects you from digestive tract problems like constipation.
#3. Manages Level of Cholesterol
- A high level of cholesterol can be a severe threat to your health.
- It not only leads to an obese body but gives rise to cardiovascular problems.
- But don’t worry, apple will help you manage the cholesterol level in your body when you consume it daily.
- Apple has soluble fibers.
- Soluble fibers are the type of fibers that can be dissolved in water.
- These soluble fibers prevent your cholesterol level from rising.
- Researchers keep studying the effect of apple on the body.
- The result demonstrated the regular consumption of apples helps lower the bad cholesterol (LDL) in the consumer’s body.
#4. Protection Against Cardiovascular Diseases
- As I mentioned, earlies apple is filled with soluble fiber.
- Since apple is rich in soluble fibers, it prevents your cholesterol from rising and restricts the cholesterol, bad cholesterol to be exact, to accumulate in your nerves.
- The main reason behind cardiovascular diseases is the accumulation of cholesterol in your nerves which blocks the blood supply and leads to heart stroke or attack.
- Since Apple doesn’t allow cholesterol to accumulate, it eliminated the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
#5. Immunity Booster
- Apple is known for its richness in vitamin C.
- Vitamin c helps your body in strengthening your immunity.
- It protects your body against several kinds of pathogens.
- Vitamin c helps in making your epithelial barrier strong.
- Epithelial is the name given to your skin tissues.
- They work on restricting the entry of any foreign particle into your body.
- Hence apple helps you in staying strong.
#6. Mental Health
- Flavonoids help in the regeneration of your brain cells and protect them from any damage.
- Research done on a group of people for over 40 years demonstrated that people who consumed apple regularly were mentally strong and were safe from developing degenerative mental health disorders like Alzheimer’s. .
- The presence of flavonoids in apples makes them suitable for your mental health.
- So, to keep your brain healthy even in old age, consume apples regularly.
- Apple is a rich source of apple
- A single apple can make you full for 3-4 hours and provide your body with exceptional qualities.
Nutritional Content in Apples
Here is the breakdown of the nutritional content of an apple, medium size,
- Fibers- 4grams Vitamin C- 14% of recommended daily intake
- Vitamin K- 5% of recommended daily intake
- Carbohydrates- 25 grams
- Potassium- 6% of recommended daily intake
- Calories- 95
- Hence if you want to have some snacks or binge eat, you can have apples. It will even work as a midnight snack.
These were the benefits that apples provide you. But not just this, we have some more questions to answer.
Can I consume apples in diabetes?
- The good news for people who have diabetes, you can safely consume an apple.
- Apples are rich in insoluble fibers that regulate the level of body sugar.
- Also, apple is low in sugar as compared to other fruits.
- It is even proved in researches.
Do you know?
Research conducted on people who have type 2 diabetes demonstrated that the body of people who had apple depicted comparatively less insulin resistance and the level of triglyceride and blood sugar.
Can we eat an apple on an empty stomach?
- Apple is sweet and sour.
- It means it contains some amount of citrus in it.
- Consumption of citrus on an empty stomach can lead to the development of problems related to acidity. It may even cause acid reflux.
- Avoid eating an apple on an empty stomach.
Benefits at night
- Apples are rich in fibers, helping in inducing sleep and eliminating factors like digestion problems from keeping you awake.
Benefits for skin
- Apple is loaded with anti-oxidants.
- Anti-oxidants help your skin in looking healthy and young.
- It also protects your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun
- The presence of vitamin C guarantees to slow down the aging process and makes your skin look ravishing.
Benefits during pregnancy
- Since apple is rich in fiber it helps you fight one of the significant issues faced by every pregnant woman, constipation.
- Fiber helps in keeping your gut healthy and also helps in pushing the waste out of your body.
- It also helps in reducing the inflammation caused during pregnancy
What are the benefits of eating apples daily?
- Daily consumption of apples has various health benefits like it helps manage weight, controls the level of cholesterol, promotes healthy gut microbes, etc.
Are apples good for the immune system?
- Apples are suitable for your immune system as it is rich in vitamin C.
- Vitamin C plays a major role in the strengthening of your immunity and helps eliminate harmful pathogens present in the body of the consumer.
Which kind of apples is the healthiest?
- Every type of apple is filled with a lot of nutrition and goodness. But if asked to choose one, the delicious red apple is comparatively rich in polyphenolic compounds.
- These compounds are helpful in the human body.
- If you want to lose weight, you should go to granny smith.
- If you are a patient with cardiovascular disease or have high blood pressure issues, you should go for Crispin apple.
What are the benefits of eating the green apple?
- Green apples are comparatively rich in pectin.
- Pectin helps in the breakdown of food faster and thus aids the process of digestion.
- If you have digestive issues, you should eat a green apple.
- Eating apples can be very helpful for you and help you change your life for the better.
- One thing that you need to understand here is that nothing will change or have an effect on one-time consumption.
- If you are expecting that you will suddenly feel healthier and stronger after finishing your apple, then you are wrong.
- The results mentioned in the article requires regular consumption of apple.