Dogs are a part of the family for billions of families. They are treated as human being and are well taken care of. It is disheartening to see your loving dog suffering, isn’t it? It just breaks your heart, and you feel driven and complied to helping that cute little creature.
The most common issue faced by dogs is itching. Itching can be very frustrating for dogs and may lead to trigger abnormal behavior and aggression. Here it is dedicated to home remedies for itching in dogs. The itching caused to your dog can be due to an allergic reaction; hence this article will also talk about home remedies for dogs’ allergies.
Let us look at the home remedies available to help your dog get rid of itching.
8 Best Home Remedies for Itching in Dogs
#1. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is rich in antiseptic qualities and can help in curing fungal or bacterial infection.
- Diluting apple cider vinegar with water and spraying it on your dog’s body can help your dog is getting rid of itching.
- Do this twice a week.
- Avoid spraying it on cuts and wounds.
- Oatmeal provides moisture to the skin and will help your dog in fighting itchiness.
- You can add the oatmeal powder to water to make a mixture and bathe your dog with it.
- Do this twice a week.
- Yogurt is rich in probiotics that help in working internally in making your dog feel better and get rid of itching.
- It will help if you feed your dog with yogurt.
- It should be plain and unflavored.
- If your dog is small, feed one teaspoon and if your dog is bigger, feed one regular spoon of yogurt.
- Do this once a week.
#4. Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is rich in anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties
- It also provides moisture to your body.
- Thus, it can help your dog in fighting itchy skin.
- You can use coconut oil to massage the affected area of the dog.
#5. Chamomile Tea
- Chamomile tea is rich in antioxidants and helps nourish the skin.
- You can use this to aid the easing of itchiness of your dog.
- Soak 3-4 teabags of chamomile tea in hot water for 5-7 minutes.
- Use this water for bathing your dog.
- If the affected area is smaller, you can place the tea bag over it directly.
#6. Baking Soda
- Baking soda is rich in anti-fungal properties and can help in easing the itching of your dog.
- You should dilute baking soda with water before using it.
- Take the exact equivalent amount of baking soda and water, make a paste, and apply to the affected area.
- Wash after 20-30 minutes.
#7. Aloe Vera
- Aloe vera is known for its medicinal value.
- It helps in treating various skin infections and problems.
- You can rely on aloe vera in making your dog feel better and get rid of itching.
- Use fresh aloe vera extract for this purpose.
- Apply aloe vera gel directly to your dog’s skin and let it be applied for 30-40 minutes.
- If needed, wash afterwards.
#8. Avoid Plastic Dishes
- Plastic dishes act as a home to bacteria and fungi that are not good for your dog.
- You will not see them with naked eyes, but your dog will swallow them with food and fall victim to infections.
- Hence, say no to plastic dishes.
These were the ways you can help your dog and the answer to home remedies for itching in dogs.
- Dogs cannot explain to you their condition or issue verbally, but they use non-verbal communication to attract your attention to the issue they are facing.
- Please pay attention to your dog and their behavior.
- The more you love your dog, the more they will care for you and love you back unconditionally and more than you love them.