Frown lines are the stage of the aging process. These stretched, or vertical lines over the face or the corners of the mouth are called wrinkles. As you age, your skin starts loosening, and as you grow older, wrinkles start looking like slanting lines.
Some people might suffer frown lines before they grow older and turns out to be a reason, they feel less confident about themselves. It can be time taking to get rid of these lines, but it is not impossible. Let us have a look at the ways to get rid of these unwanted lines.
How to Get Rid of Frown Lines?
#1. Facial Massage
- Facial massage helps in uplifting skin and retain moisture.
- There are several techniques used for facial massage and are actually effective in treating wrinkles and loose skin.
- Use a face cream to massage your skin in a circular and upward motion to help you in skin tightening.
#2. Facial Exercises
- These can be helpful in getting rid of frown lines as they help in skin tightening.
- Facial exercises for under the eye wrinkles.
- Place your thumbs under your eyes, on the outer corner, and place the rest of your fingers on your head.
- Close your eyes tightly and start stretching your skin using your thumb towards your head.
- Hold for 10 seconds and repeat after 10-15 seconds.
- Repeat 10-12 times daily.
- Facial exercises for frown lines on the forehead
- Place your palms on your forehead, right palm on the right side, and left palm on the left side.
- Hold your right palm in the same position and use your left palm to massage your left side of your forehead in a circular motion.
- Do this for two minutes and switch side, massage your right palm to massage your right side of the forehead, while holding your left palm in place.
- Repeat 5-6 times.
Natural Home Remedies to Get Rid of Frown Lines
#1. Facial Steam
Steam helps in removing toxicants from your skin and helps in skin tightening. Steam is also helpful in skin lightening and brightening.How to do
- Use a steam machine, or you can also use a pan of boiling water for this purpose.
- Wash your face using a face wash and towel dry it.
- Now place your head over the steam machine of the pan having boiling water.
- Let the steam soothe your skin for 5-7 minutes.
- Note-– maintain appropriate distance so that it doesn’t hurt your skin.
Avocado is rich in vitamin E and vitamin K, which are helpful in skin tightening.How to apply
- You can blend avocado to make a paste and apply it to your face
- Leave this mask for 15-20 minutes and wash using lukewarm water.
- You can also use avocado oil to massage your face in a circular and upward motion.
#3. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is rich in antioxidants that help treat loose skin. It is also helpful in treating skin allergies and marks.
You can use coconut oil in various ways:
- Coconut oil with honey, make a paste and apply on your face.
- Massage for 5-7 minutes and wash using lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil with aloe vera, use fresh aloe vera extract and add coconut oil to it.
- Apply this paste to your face and let it sit for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash your face using lukewarm water.
- Coconut oil with turmeric, take a few drops of coconut oil, add a pinch of turmeric.
- Apply this mixture to your face. Wash after 10 minutes of massage.
- Coconut oil with vitamin E, take vitamin E capsule and add a few coconut oil drops.
- Apply this to your face and massage in a circular motion for 15 minutes.
- Take steam afterwards and use a towel to pat dry your skin.
Yogurt is rich in lactic acid. Lactic acid helps in cleansing skin and helps in tightening the skin.How to apply
- Take one spoon of fresh and unflavored yogurt, add a few drops of lime to it.
- Apply this to your face, massage for a while, and wash your face using lukewarm water.
- You can also add olive oil to yogurt to make a paste.
- Apply this paste as a face mask and wash after 30 minutes.
- Other than these, you can also add vitamin E to yogurt to make a paste.
- Apply it to your face and massage for 15 minutes, leave for additional 5 minutes, and wash using lukewarm water.
#5. Flaxseed Oil
Flaxseed oil is rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. These two agents are very helpful in skin tightening.How to use
- You can either consume flaxseed oil orally or use it for massaging your face.
#6. Egg Whites
Egg white is extremely rich in protein which contributes to skin tightening.How to use
- Apply egg white directly to your face and let it be applied for 15 minutes.
- Wash afterwards using lukewarm water.
Other Treatment for Frown Lines
#1. Silicone Pads
- Silicone pads are used to restrict certain facial movements so that the expressions and movements that cause frown lines can be controlled.
- They act on an immediate basis on the restriction of creating further lines and treating already present lines.
- There are various brands offering silicone pads to treat frown lines.
- Micro-needling is a new and emerging trend in the skincare industry.
- It is a proper treatment performed by a dermatologist.
- This process involves the penetration of skin pores using various ultra-small needles.
- These needles help in activating your skin cells and hence helps in skin rejuvenation and tightening.
- This process can be a bit painful but can be handled with numb cream or injection.
- Retinoids help increase the production of collagen in the body, which helps tighten the skin and have a frown line free face.
- Retinoid is a name given to the category of various products that are rich in vitamin A.
- Many skin care products have been using retinoids as their base or key ingredient.
- This a chemical treatment and involves the injection of chemicals like Dysport, Botox, and Xeomin in the skin.
- This process takes approximately a week to show results but is effective.
Causes of Frown Lines
Wrinkles are a part of the aging process. It generally starts happening in the late 30s and 40s. But some people have them pre-time, which makes them look older.
The reasons for frown lines can be as follows.
Your DNA has a lot of influence on the type of skin you have. Certain kind of skin starts having a sign of aging prematurely and hence the issue of frown lines.
If your parental generation or generation before them had the issue of premature aging, there are fair chances of you having the same.
Ultra Violet rays affect the skin type poorly. However, these are harmful to skins, and imprinted burn marks, rashes, and wrinkles.
Every person has a way of talking while depicting some facial expressions and movement that leads to lines over the face.
Some people have a habit of shrinking their forehead while stressing so that their skin adapts to the pattern they used to shrink their skin tissues.
It has tobacco, which is an agent of skin aging. Smoking regularly can make your skin lose its natural shine and tightness. Hence, it causes frown lines, commonly known as wrinkles. These were the causes of frown lines on your face. Recognize your cause and start working on avoiding that factor.
Everyone wishes to have flawless skin so that they can look beautiful. It is possible to have flawless skin, but you have to work to make it perfect.
Care for your skin and drink an ample amount of water to keep your skin glowing and shining.