Snoring is one of the most irritating habits of an individual. It disturbs the person sleeping with you and, at times, can be a reason for major discomfort for you and the person sleeping with you.The point is, why do people snore so loud?
Snoring occurs due to a blockage in the airway. The tissues in your throat cover the entrance of the air pipe, which leads to vibration of the tissue while breathing. This vibration is the reason for those weird voices you make while you are asleep.
How to Stop Snoring Immediately
#1. Change Your Sleeping Position
- There are chances that your sleeping position is causing a blockage in your air pipe and is being the reason for your snores.
- Mostly sleeping on your back is the position you snore the most in. Try sleeping on either of your sides to prevent snoring.
- I know what you are thinking right now; what is the best position to prevent snoring? If you want to refrain from snoring, try sleeping on your sides. Either use your left side or right side. That will help treat your snoring problem.
- Another question that arises in the context is, does sleeping with 2 pillows help to snore?
- No, sleeping with two pillows will decrease the area for the entry of air in your throat and act as a reason for neck pain.
- Try using a wedged pillow to reduce snoring which is one of the most effective ways of natural prevention of snoring.
#2. Clean Your Nose
- If your nose is full, it will have limited entry for air and act as a reason for snores. Other than this, when your nose is full, you start breathing with your mouth, which is also a reason for snoring.
- Hence, before you go to bed, try cleaning your nose properly.
- You can use oil or nasal drops to aid in the process of cleaning.
#3. Moist Environment
- Dryness in the air can be a reason for your snores as it leads to inflammation in the nasal passage and affects the breathing process.
- Use a humidifier if necessary to help in dealing with snores.
#4. Moist Skin
- If your nose or throat is dry, you will definitely snore, but you cannot keep waking up at night and drink water to keep your throat moist. So, what to do?
- Well, we have a solution for this, oil your nasal passage before sleeping, and you will no longer face the issue of snoring.
- How to do it?
- Lay down straight and add 2-3 drops of oil to your nose. You can use any oil of your choice like almond oil, mustard oil, olive oil, etc.
- Keep your head tilted backwards for a minute so that oil can reach your throat.
All this was for immediate relief, but what is the permanent solution?
How to Stop Snoring Permanently
To get rid of snoring permanently, you will have to make a few lifestyle changes. Nothing comes easy. To deal with snores permanently, you will have to do the following,
#1. Avoid Smoking
Smoking not only affects your health adversely but also acts as a reason for your snores. If you smoke, try quitting smoking if you want to get rid of snores.
How does smoking lead to snoring?
The components of smoke lead to the disturbance in the skin tissues of your throat and nose. These tissues then cause snoring.
#2. Lose Weight
Keep a watch on your body weight. If you are falling into the obese category, try losing some pounds, and you will feel the reduction in your snores.
How does weight lead to snoring?
When you gain weight, the amount of fat in your body increases, the fat level in your throat is also increased, which causes snores.
#3. Avoid Alcohol
Alcohol is a potential cause of many health disorders and is also a reason for your snores.
How does alcohol lead to snoring?
Alcohol is a type of sedative and is known to suppress your body’s activity. Consumption of alcohol leads your throat muscles to relax, and hence you snore.
What foods to avoid to stop snoring?
Your diet plays an important role in your life.
Soy, fishes, wheat, fruits (contains natural sugar), sugar, dairy products, high-fat meat, caffeine, alcohol are the food you should avoid to stop snoring.
What herb is good for snoring?
We always rely on natural ways to treat any problem we suffer.
Many herbs can help you in dealing with the issue of snoring. These herbs are,
Snoring is an activity that you can control easily, if you pay a little attention to your body and deal with snores.
Snoring often leads to an irritated throat and is obviously an unpleasant experience for the person sleeping with you.